600g Pork sausage meat
2 tablespoons Lee Kum Kee Dark Soy Sauce
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Ginger, minced
1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
1 small Carrot, grated
1 Red onion, chopped
1 small Courgette, grated
2 sheets (approx. 500g) Flaky pastry
2 tablespoons Black sesame seeds
1 Egg, whisked
A pinch of chilli flakes, optional
Serve with your favourite salad, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add all sausage mix ingredients into a large bowl, mix well.
- Place the pastry sheets on the bench and slice in half horizontally. Add sausage mix to the centre of each sheet creating a log horizontally. Leave room to roll on both sides. Fold one side over the sausage mix then the other, rolling up tightly. Cut into thirds vertically.
- With a knife pierce holes in two places. Brush the top of each sausage roll with egg. Sprinkle over sesame seeds. Place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 35 minutes until golden.
- Mix all sauce ingredients, except the chilli flakes in a bowl. Sprinkle chilli flakes over top.
- Serve sausage rolls with a ramekin of sauce and a side salad.
Tip 1: After grating the vegetables, squeeze out the excess moisture with your hands. Discarding the liquid.
Tip 2: Work with your pastry straight from the freezer. Allow the room temperature to soften the pastry a little but work with it while it’s still cold. It will be easier to handle and roll.