6 egg yolks
100 ml O'Canada 100% Pure Maple Syrup
600 ml cream
8 teaspoons caster sugar
8 teaspoons O'Canada 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 150C.
- Beat the egg yolks with 100 ml of the O'Canada 100% Pure Maple Syrup.
- Add the cream and combine well with a whisk.
- Put 8 ramekins in a roasting dish. Pour cream mixture through a sieve into a large jug and gently pour into the ramekins.
- Pour boiling water into roasting dish until water sits halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the cream mixture has just set. It should still look wobbly but not runny.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle 1 teaspoon of caster sugar and 1 teaspoon of O'Canada 100% Pure Maple Syrup on the top of each creme brulee. Spread gently until there is a thin and even coating over the top of each brulee.
- Place ramekins on a tray under a very hot grill for approximately 2-3 minutes until the sugar and maple mixture bubbles, caramelises and turns golden.